Wednesday, August 31, 2016

It's been a while...


Wow! I can't believe how long it's been! This year has been crazy. It's mostly been a solid stream of unfortunate events, really. It's ridiculous by this point. As a sampling I will tell you my well pump went out, the fridge broke, the dryer didn't work, I herniated my back, and my truck was totaled. That's just to name a few!

We've moved out to the country to a small farm we're renovating with the intention of opening a winery. You ever have that situation where you buy a property and then everything breaks? Yeah....

My A/C has been out for a solid week now, and since this is Texas, my house has been holding at a humid 86-88 degrees. Yeeesh. Can't get anyone to come service out in the country though, naturally. A gent came out this morning and "fixed" it, but he never turned it on to check. I turned it on after he left, and it's still completely broken. Called the company and chatted to a rather grumpy fellow who claimed that would come back this afternoon "if they had time" which, naturally, did not happen.

Fat dog has spent the whole day panting and looking miserable. I bathed her in the hose and she stood completely still with no argument for the first time in her life.

A storm settled in this afternoon and blissfully lowered the interior temperature from hotter-than-all-blazes, to a largely tolerable 85 degrees. Fat dog and I mostly sat out on the porch in the cool breeze.

Seeing the rain over the fields of green grass and cattle reminded me that the view is quite a winner, and almost makes up for the lack of comfortable environment.

No comments:

Post a Comment